Monday, January 12, 2009

10wks and first OB appt.

Had my first real OB appointment today (I'll be 10wks tomorrow). Everything went well and everything looks good!

After the oh-so-fun pap (yeah right!), we headed over to the portable u/s room, where I got to see our little munchkin. He/she was just hanging out, heart just beating away!

Unfortunately the other baby did not develop a heart beat. In fact, it was no longer even there. The Dr. said it's very likely that our baby with the hb was much stronger than the other and "stole" things away from the other one. It seems wrong and cruel, but...well...I suppose it's just natures way. My body did what it was supposed to do and absorbed the other one. It kind of makes you wonder how often something like that really happens, because most women don't get an ultrasound that early.

It's sad, but I'm SOOO thankful and happy to have atleast one healthy little one in there!

My OB told me that I could have a u/s everytime I come in for an appointment. Not a great u/s, but one with the portable u/s machine! As long as I can see the little squirt, I don't care what kind of u/s it is! He's obviously doing this for me to keep my mind at ease. He's a great guy!

Oh and my doppler came yesterday! I decided to buy one for my own peace of mind. I was surprised I was able to pick it up alreadngy!! It's so much fun and it's so comforting to know that I can check on him/her whenever I want. It's hard because you never know what's going on inside there, and if I can just get somewhat of an idea, it makes me feel a bit better.

3 comments:

Carly Marie said...

I am sorry to hear that there was only one heart beat. But you are right.... there is a heart beat and that is wonderful news.

My Aunty fell pregnant with twins. At her 12 week ultrasound there was only one baby there.

Her baby is now 7 years old and she is incredibly strong. She can swim 3 kilometres (I think thats about 2.7 miles) all at once.

She has the strength and love in her that only 2 people together could have.

Buying a doppler... what a fantastic idea. You will be able to relax. That is priceless.

Sending you love

Carly x

Mrs. Mother said...

I'm sorry about the other baby, but I'm glad everything else was good. I'm hoping when we conceive again, I'll be able to get that many ultrasounds, too.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so glad to hear you have a healthy heartbeat and a strong little one! That is awesome that your doctor will let you have u/s every appointment.