Monday, March 16, 2009

It's a....

HEALTHY BABY GIRL!!

I'm still in a bit of shock to be honest! I've never pictured myself having a daughter - it was always two boys I saw myself with! And now...I'm going to have a daughter!

I just started crying, shaking, and saying, "Wow...Omg! Omg!" over and over again. The tech even took an extra picture of her bottom because I just couldn't believe it!

Most importantly though, she looks healthy as a horse! She's got all her parts, and they're all where they should be, and working properly! She was VERY photogenic and let the tech get all of the pictures she needed! Except when it came to getting pics of her little footsies. We tried SO hard, but she just kept kicking and kicking, lol.

I'm just in awe right now!! And I'm over the moon over the fact that everything looks great!

I was honestly hoping a bit for a girl. Only because I'm not sure how I would have felt had it been a boy. I guess I just see it as...well, if we were to have two boys (which we do, but I mean HERE), it should be Aiden and Cameron. If she would have been a boy, I think I would have felt a little off about it. It's so hard to explain, and obviously I wouldn't have cared, so long as it's healthy...I just have a little bit of an easier time knowing it's a girl.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Yay Hollie! I'm so excited for you! I had this feeling that you were having a girl. Our baby girls won't be too far apart. :) I know what you mean about the baby being a different gender. I'm thrilled to be having a girl, but in some ways I wish it was a boy so I didn't get any of these feelings that I'm trying to replace Ada. They're fleeting thoughts, but I do have them. Anyway, I agree with you that the most important thing is that the baby is HEALTHY! :)

Dylan's Mommy said...

Congratulations!

I know what you mean about kind of hoping it's a girl. I am hoping our next little one is a girl, just because I don't know how it would be to have another little boy. I'm afraid I'd always think "oh I bet this is how Dylan would have been" or "I bet this is what Dylan would look like"

I am so glad your baby girl is healthy as can be! :)

Jen said...

Congrats on the baby girl! What exciting news and what a change of mindset it will be for you :)

rindie09 said...

Congratulations, Hollie! I've been following your blog from bbc and hadn't checked in lately...I'm glad I read today and could share in your happy news :) I'm praying for you and your sweet family :)

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I feel the same way and also opposite about this baby. I don't want it to be a boy because Gregory was the boy I was supposed to have. But I WANT a boy because I was supposed to be raising a boy. I'm glad your little girl is healthy.