Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Had a little scare!

I've been having these weird cramps in my lower back for some time now. I felt fine otherwise and just chalked it up to be loosened ligaments or something back there. Well last night, it was a bit different. I had the same thing, but it hurt worse this time and I had pain shooting around to the front of my belly. I laid down and drank a glass of water, hoping that would help. It didn't.
I called my gf and she told me she was going to drive me to the hospital. I honestly thought she was overreacting, but I called the after hours nurse anyway. She told me that since the pain had been going on for more than an hour, they wanted to see me.

So, I told her we would be right in. I waited for Chev to get out of work, and had my gf sit with Aiden for the night. We get there and entered in through the ER. I told them what was going on, and the triage nurse almost flipped. She said in a panicked tone, "Oh! We need to get you upstairs!!!" She picked up the phone, and someone was down there with a wheelchair within 15 seconds. - The nurse in L&D laughed about this later on. She said the pregnant women freak the ER out! The minute one comes in, they send her up to L&D as fast as possible. Like God forbid they would ever have to deliver a baby or something, lol.

I was taken up to L&D where they got me hooked up and listened to Allie hb. Everything sounded good, but the machine was picking up some small contractions. They had me down the liquids and lay in bed to see what happened. In the mean time, they took a urine sample to the lab to check that for any sort of infection, and the Dr. came in to check me. It was the same Dr. who had delivered Cameron.
Everything checked out fine, and after laying there and drinking all of the water, my uterus calmed down! So it looked as if my uterus was just irritated from me being dehydrated.

I will say that my anxiety flared up big time though. That was the first time I had been up to L&D since having Cameron. The smell of the bathroom, the smell of the gown, the bed, the monitors...everything. Nothing has EVER brought me back to that time like last night did. As I was standing in the bathroom putting that gown on, it was like I was thrown straight back to July 31, 2008. It was crazy hard, I'll tell you that. :(

But, all in all, myself and Allie seem to be doing just fine! The Dr. ordered me an ultrasound on Friday, just to be on the safe side. He said he has no reason to suspect that anything was wrong, but he just wants to double check. I think he was doing it more for me than anything.


Beth said...

Wow, that is very scary! I can totally imagine what you mean about being back in the hospital room - especially with the same doctor. I'll be delivering at the same hospital and I'm worried that all of the memories are going to take away from the joy. I'm SO glad Allie is okay and you are, too!

JenJen said...

I'm so glad that you both are okay. I'm sure your anxiety was on hyperdrive considering all that you have been through.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so glad everything is alright. When I ended up in L&D a few weeks ago I was in the room right next to the one I delivered Gregory in, not fun. Keep drinking that water!

Dylan's Mommy said...

How scary!! Thank God everything is fine!!

Heather Lee said...

So glad everything checked out ok! That must have been a scary ordeal...Take care!