Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cameron's Memorial...

I have been getting things around for Cameron's memorial service, which will be held on the 24th.

I love getting these things around for him and knowing that it's going to be the most beautiful service ever! I want people to feel the love I have for my son, and know that I am not mourning him, but celebrating those precious 19 weeks that I had with such an amazing little boy!

The planning should keep my mind occupied, which is always a good thing. The fact that all of this will revolve around Cameron should only make it that much easier. I LOVE doing things for him...it's almost become an obsession, lol.

I'm making the cards to send out today. Or at least getting the layout of it started. I'm slightly at a loss as to what to do as far as a program goes. The service will be small, with about 30 close friends and family, and very personal. We're setting it up ourselves at a beautiful little site here in town. We planned on doing a butterfly release for him, but there's not enough time to get them ordered. Plus, they're not cheap! So we decided, instead, to do a balloon release.
We will have 19 balloons, representing the 19 amazing weeks I had with my sweet angel. Chev, myself and Aiden will release them at the end of the ceremony, while Cameron's song is playing.

I'm still trying to decide what flowers I want on his table. I thought about doing a couple vases of roses, and then spreading some rose petals on the table. I also wanted to leave one rose, along with the program on everyone's chair.

We'll see. No matter how I do it, it's going to be beautiful because Cameron was such a beautiful little soul.

No comments: